the new Sound and Physics have been implemented in the test server, this is what you can expect:
Changes to Sound Design in the Special Test
- Replaced the current FMOD sound engine with Wwise.
- Emphasised the informational component of sound. Now, the players always hear the most important in-game events first.
- Fully reworked all gameplay sound content.
- New battle ambience is composed of unique content, recorded at various proving grounds.
- Increased the overall distance at which important sounds are heard. Now, all events for shots, explosions and hits cover the whole vehicle visibility range (~600m), creating a more informative and immersive combat environment.
- Reworked the sound design for both arcade and Sniper aim modes.
- Fully reworked the sound of vehicle engines. The new sounds are based on authentic recordings of WWII armoured vehicles.
- Fully reworked the sound of vehicle tracks. Now, as with engines, the sound of tracks changes depending on the manoeuvres of a vehicle.
- Fully reworked the sounds of gun shots, both inside and outside of vehicle turrets. However, the current system of calibres has been kept.
- Fully reworked the sounds of penetration. Now, not only can a player identify the calibre of the penetrating shell—they can also identify how much damage the penetration caused to their vehicle.
- While in Sniper aim, players can now identify by ear from which direction their vehicle was hit.
- Reworked the sounds of tracers. Now, there is a discernible difference in how shells of different calibres sound when hurtling in close proximity to your vehicle.
- Reworked the sounds of vehicle explosions.
- Reworked and re-implemented the special sound upon causing a critical hit.
- Introduced sound notifications upon destruction of vehicle modules.
Changes to Physics in the Special Test
- Increased the mobility of light and medium tanks.
- Light and medium tanks will be more mobile, due to the fact that they will no longer lose speed when driving over various terrain irregularities (bumps, rails, etc.).
- Vehicle turns
- While on the move, press SPACE and a directional button to execute the clutch-braking manoeuvre(not available for tank destroyers and SPGs).
- The ability to control turn radius
- While turning, release the forward directional button to decrease the turn radius. Press forward again to regain speed.
- New ramming capabilities
- You can now turn over enemy vehicles by pushing them off steep hills.
- Reticle stabilisation
- By popular demand, the reticle and camera in Sniper aim are stabilised as much as possible. The "gun rocking" mechanics have been disabled.